SEC: Beat-up Ole Miss visits No. 4 Florida
SEC links for Saturday:
- Injuries are making depth an issue for Ole Miss heading into tonight’s game at fourth-ranked Florida, reports Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger. Aaron Jones is out with a torn ACL and Nick Williams is also nursing an injury.
- Florida continues to turn up the defense, writes Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun. The Gators own the nation’s second-ranked scoring defense.
- South Carolina is trying to pick up the pieces after historic blowout loss to Florida, writes Daryl Slater of the Charleston Post and Courier. The Gamecocks scored 10 points in first half, 36 for the game.
- Missouri’s Earnest Ross will face his former teammates today when the Tigers play Auburn, reports Steve Walentik of the Columbia Daily-Tribune.
- Alabama travels to Vanderbilt, where the Tide has not won since 1990, reports Don Kausler of the Birmingham News.
- Point guard Charles Mann has aided Georgia’s resurgence, reports Seth Emerson of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer. Georgia has won three of its last four games.
- Mike Strange of the Knoxville News-Sentinel writes that offense is not a strong point for SEC basketball this season. Nine of 14 SEC teams failed to hit 60 points in the mid-week games this week.
- Vanderbilt center Josh Henderson is gaining confidence, writes Jeff Lockridge of the Tennessean. He scored 13 against Tennessee on Tuesday.
- After win over Missouri, LSU travels to Mississippi State, reports Matthew Harris of The Advocate. State has lost five straight.
- Tennessee football in position for late recruiting surge, says Jay Greeson of Chattanooga Times Free Press.
This entry was posted in SEC
. Bookmark the permalink