Some quick UK team notes from College Station.
- Kentucky committed 19 turnovers with just 13 assists. The Cats turned the ball over on 26.7 percent of their offensive possessions, their highest figure of the season.
- Texas A&M shot 39.3 percent, the fifth straight UK opponent that has failed to shoot 40 percent.
- The Aggies did shoot 57.7 percent in the second half.
- Kentucky averaged 1.012 points per possession. Texas A&M averaged 0.985.
- Texas A&M made 18 of 19 free throws for 94.7 percent. The Aggies made 18 straight before finally missing their final free throw.
- Alabama made 18 of 19 free throws against UK on Feb. 26, 2005. Kentucky won that game, as well, 78-71 in Tuscaloosa.
- UK made just four of eight free throws in the first half, but made 11 of 16 (68.8 percent) in the second half and eight of 10 in overtime.
- After Texas A&M got 48.4 percent of its offensive rebound opportunities in Lexington during that 83-71 win over the Cats, the Aggies only got 28.9 percent today. Texas A&M had 11 offensive rebounds while UK had 27 defensive boards.
- Kentucky made seven of 15 three-pointers for 46.7 percent. That’s the best the Cats have shot from three, in games with at least 15 attempts, since they were 10-of-21 at Louisville for 47.6 percent.
Click here for the action photo gallery from Kentucky-Texas A&M.