- It was one thing for UK to win 87-74 at Ole Miss on Tuesday. It will be another if the inconsistent Cats can put together back-to-back performances, writes Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
- Nerlens Noel’s long arm of the law was the star Tuesday in Oxford, but plenty of other Cats contributed to the success story, says my notes column.
- None other than Dick Vitale says that Kentucky came of age with the win at the Tad Pad.
- Eric Lindsey of CoachCal.com breaks down Noel’s record-setting performance at Ole Miss. It’s still hard to believe that Noel’s 12 blocks were three more than the previous UK single-game record.
- Kentucky hoops star A’dia Mathies lets her basketball speak for herself, writes Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal. Just last week, Mathies was named to the John Wooden Award mid-season top 20 list.
- The Kentucky women are set for its own Super Bowl on Sunday as Georgia comes to Memorial Coliseum, reports Alex Forkner of the Kentucky Kernel.
- Mark Stoops’ personality has made an impression on Franklin County star Ryan Timmons, says Larry Vaught of the Danville Advocate-Messenger.
- Mrs. Tyler Thompson of KSR goes behind enemy lines at Oxford — she was forced to watch the game from behind my bald head — on Tuesday and files a report on the ins and outs of the Tad Smith Coliseum.
- John Calipari is winning hearts and minds as this team is finally responding to its coach, says Greg Alan Edwards of A Sea of Blue.
BBL: Cats responding to Calipari; A’dia Mathies shines