- It was one thing for UK to win 87-74 at Ole Miss on Tuesday. It will be another if the inconsistent Cats can put together back-to-back performances, writes Jerry Tipton of the Herald-Leader.
- Nerlens Noel’s long arm of the law was the star Tuesday in Oxford, but plenty of other Cats contributed to the success story, says my notes column.
- None other than Dick Vitale says that Kentucky came of age with the win at the Tad Pad.
- Eric Lindsey of CoachCal.com breaks down Noel’s record-setting performance at Ole Miss. It’s still hard to believe that Noel’s 12 blocks were three more than the previous UK single-game record.
- Kentucky hoops star A’dia Mathies lets her basketball speak for herself, writes Michael Grant of the Courier-Journal. Just last week, Mathies was named to the John Wooden Award mid-season top 20 list.
- The Kentucky women are set for its own Super Bowl on Sunday as Georgia comes to Memorial Coliseum, reports Alex Forkner of the Kentucky Kernel.
- Mark Stoops’ personality has made an impression on Franklin County star Ryan Timmons, says Larry Vaught of the Danville Advocate-Messenger.
- Mrs. Tyler Thompson of KSR goes behind enemy lines at Oxford — she was forced to watch the game from behind my bald head — on Tuesday and files a report on the ins and outs of the Tad Smith Coliseum.
- John Calipari is winning hearts and minds as this team is finally responding to its coach, says Greg Alan Edwards of A Sea of Blue.
UK football schedule
Aug. 31 vs. WKU – Lost 35-26 (0-1)
Sept. 7 Miami (Ohio) - Won 41-7 (1-1)
Sept. 14 Louisville - Lost 27-13 (1-2)
Sept. 28 Florida - Lost 24-7 (1-3/0-1)
Oct. 5 at S Carolina - Lost 35-28 (1-4/0-2)
Oct. 12 Alabama - Lost 48-7 (1-5/0-3)
Oct. 24 at Miss St - Lost 28-22 (1-6/0-4)
Nov. 2 Alabama St - Won 48-14 (2-6/0-4)
Nov. 9 Missouri - Lost 48-17 (2-7/0-5)
Nov. 16 at Vanderbilt - Lost 22-6 (2-8/0-6)
Nov. 23 at Georgia - Lost 59-17 (2-9/0-7)
Nov. 30 Tennessee - Lost 27-14 (2-10/0-8)
UK basketball schedule
Nov. 1 Transylvania - Won 76-42
Nov. 4 Montevallo - Won 95-72
Nov. 8 UNC-Asheville - Won 89-57 (1-0)
Nov. 10 NKU - Won 93-63 (2-0)
Nov. 12 vs. Michigan St - Lost 78-74 (2-1)
Nov. 17 Robert Morris - Won 87-49 (3-1)
Nov. 19 Texas-Arlington - Won 105-76 (4-1)
Nov. 25 Cleveland State - Won 68-61 (5-1)
Nov. 27 Eastern Michigan - Won 81-63 (6-1)
Dec. 1 vs. Providence - Won 79-65 (7-1)
Dec. 6 vs. Baylor - Lost 67-62 (7-2)
Dec. 10 Boise State
Dec. 14 at North Carolina
Dec. 21 Belmont
Dec. 28 Louisville
Jan. 8 Mississippi St
Jan. 11 at Vanderbilt
Jan. 14 at Arkansas
Jan. 18 Tennessee
Jan. 21 Texas A&M
Jan. 25 Georgia
Jan. 28 at LSU
Feb. 1 Missouri
Feb. 4 Ole Miss
Feb. 8 at Mississippi St
Feb. 12 Auburn
Feb. 15 Florida
Feb. 18 at Ole Miss
Feb. 22 LSU
Feb. 27 Arkansas
Mar. 1 at South Carolina
Mar. 4 Alabama
Mar. 8 at Florida
Mar. 12 SEC Tournament