Big Blue Links for Wednesday:
– Nerlens Noel did not score a basket and missed six of his eight free throw attempts. And yet, as Jerry Tipton of Herald-Leader reports, the freshman center was the difference in UK’s 87-74 win over Ole Miss.
– One Ole Miss player said Noel is every bit as good as Anthony Davis, reports Tipton.
– For the first 10 minutes of the second half, Kentucky was the best version of itself. That had been something John Calipari had been searching for, says my column from Oxford.
– Ole Miss had star fans in the stands, white t-shirts, an overflow student section, but not enough to beat Kentucky, writes Rick Bozich of WDRB.
– Calipari was a bundle of energy after the game. In fact, the coach couldn’t sit down in the post game press conference as the Cats hurried to leave Oxford because of weather conditions, writes Brett Dawson of Cats Illustrated.
– Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal reports that this was Kentucky’s first win over an RPI Top 50 team of the season.
– There was a case of mistaken identity in the post-game press conference, reports Tyler Thompson of KSR.
– With a national TV audience watching, Marshall Henderson never got his game going, writes Hugh Kellenberger of the Clarion-Ledger.
– Parrish Alford of the NE Mississippi Daily Journal reports that the best SEC start in Ole Miss history now has its first blemish.
– Click here for the Herald-Leader photo gallery of game action from the Tad Pad.
– Click here for the Herald-Leader photo gallery of UK fans in Oxford.