Some Kentucky notes from win over LSU.
– Alex Poythress had his first career double-double, scoring 20 points and grabbing a career-high 12 rebounds.
– Kentucky shot 51.9 percent, the seventh time this year the Cats have shot 50 percent or better. UK is 7-0 in those games.
– UK made just two of 11 three-pointers, fewest since the Cats hit just two-of-10 in the win over Morehead on Nov. 21.
– Kentucky committed five turnovers in the first half, 11 in the second.
– The Cats averaged 1.098 points per possession, much better than 0.898 at Alabama, but shy of the 1.126 at Auburn last Saturday.
– The Cats got 46.4 percent of their offensive rebound opportunities, their best showing on the offensive glass since a 47.4 percent against Lipscomb on Dec. 15.
– LSU averaged 1.013 points per possession, best since Texas A&M averaged 1.337 two weeks ago.
– Kentucky is not exactly turning people over. None of UK’s first six SEC opponents have turned over more than 19.5 percent of their possessions. In non-conference play, seven opponents committed a turnover at least 20 percent of their possessions.
– Nerlens Noel has blocked 34 shots over his last five games.
– Archie Goodwin scored 15 points, his highest total since 17 against Texas A&M.
– Julius Mays has made 12 of 24 three-pointers over his last four games.
– Kyle Wiltjer scored eight points, breaking a string of three straight double-figure scoring games