Crunching some numbers from UK’s win over Eastern Michigan.
– After making just 11 of 23 free throws for 47.8 percent at Louisville on Saturday, the Cats were 18-of-24 from the line for 75 percent tonight.
– Eastern Michigan shot 24.2 percent, the lowest percentage by a UK opponent since Texas Southern shot 20.8 percent against the Cats on Nov. 24, 2007.
– Not coincidentally, Eastern Michigan’s 38 points are the fewest scored against UK since Texas Southern lost to UK 83-35 on Nov. 24, 2007.
– The 52-point margin matched UK’s 101-49 win over Lafayette earlier this season.
– Eastern Michigan averaged 0.507 points per possession, easily the lowest of the year for a UK foe. Previous low was 0.625 by Portland.
– Kentucky averaged 1.226 points per possession.
– UK outrebounded the Eagles by 25 (52-27), its largest rebound margin since it outrebounded Arkansas-Little Rock by 27 (50-23) last season at Freedom Hall.
– Kentucky shot 51.7 percent, the fifth time this year it has shot 50 percent or better, but the first time since the Samford game (55.7) on December 4.
– Kentucky has made 20 of 47 three-pointers over its last two games. The Cats were 10-of-21 from three on Saturday at Louisville and were 10-of-26 tonight.
– Kentucky did turn the ball over 15 times, one shy of the season-high of 16 committed against Baylor.