Karl Towns: “I get to wear my favorite color now”

UK basketball commitment Karl Towns might be the best player in the Class of 2014, but that’s not the end of his talents. The Dominican Republic native is well-spoken, as he shows here in this interview with KSTV’s Thomas Beisner.

Towns said he was happy to have his recruiting over with, that his life is simpler now that he has chosen Kentucky as his college destination. He has a 4.3 grade-point average, and he said he was impressed with UK’s kinesiology program. As far as basketball, he “picked a school that played to my style.”

What is that style? Towns said he is working hard to “balance” his game. He also said he’s glad that “I get to my wear my favorite color now. Blue.”

This entry was posted in UK basketball and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments

1. BubbaG says:

He reminds me of another brainy good player: Brandon Knight athlete :)

Good comparison.

Remember though, according to savant’s Like Bobby Knight, UK players don’t go to class in the first place.

LOL…what an imbecile.

Mark Liptak

4. Alan says:

Bobby Knight has integrity, nothing that Kentucky would understand

5. SGT HOLLOWAY says:

COACH CAL IS THE BEST PERSON FOR ALL THE YOUNG MEN
    HE BRING TO KENTUCKY HE’S MORE THAN A COACH
    SGT. HOLLOWAY USMC

6. TheSunShinesBright says:

Alan, Bobby Knight threw a chair at a player and was an all-around mean person. That’s not integrity, it’s something completely different. Eventually, he was fired by IU for being a mean person, not for having integrity. So, either Bobby Knight is a mean person or IU is not very smart. Which is it? Before you answer, remember — Bobby Knight threw a chair at a player.

7. TEXIZZ says:

This young man will acheive great things at Kentucky. He will make the perfect Wildcat! Mr. Towns, welcome to Big Blue Nation!

8. Neil says:

Not only is Knight an all-around bully, I don’t believe Cal is a wanted man in Pureto Rico. That’s integrity alright. Knight is a boar and his relevance in college basketball and in life is a zero.

9. Susie says:

Didn’t Mr. Knight also choke a player? With friends like that, I’m glad he doesn’t like UK! Go Wildcats!!

10. This comment is for Alan. Alan I met coach Knight at IU a few years ago an all though he my be a good coach he is a very ARROGANT A-hole. If you don’t see
    things his way YOU ARE WRONG. He has about as much integrity as George W.
    Bush.