Twenty stats/notes you need to know from UK’s win
Crunching the numbers on UK’s win over Portland.
- Ryan Harrow played a season-high 25 minutes and scored a season-high eight points with a season-high six assists.
- Harrow also made his first three-pointer of the year. He is now one-of-nine on three-pointers for the season.
- Nerlens Noel said he played with knee tendinitis, but was still on the floor for 31 minutes and blocked a career-high seven shots, topping the six he blocked against Morehead.
- Archie Goodwin has scored in double figures eight of UK’s nine games.
- Goodwin grabbed eight rebounds, second only to his nine against LIU-Brooklyn.
- Julius Mays played 33 minutes and did not have an assist or a turnover.
- Mays made both of his free-throw attempts and is now 12-of-13 on the season.
- Alex Poythress scored 15 points, the seventh time in nine games he has been in double figures.
- Poythress has made 13 of 17 shots over his last two games, including three of four three-pointers.
- Kyle Wiltjer scored 12 points, his fourth double-figure game out of nine.
- Wiltjer was one-of-three from three-point land and has now made just five of 30 (16.7 percent) over his last six games.
- Wiltjer has gone two straight games without an offensive rebound.
- Jarrod Polson played just four minutes, tying his season low. He played four minutes against Baylor last Saturday.
- After making back-to-back three-pointers near the end of the Samford game, Jon Hood played just one minute against Portland.
- Tod Lanter took his first shot as a Wildcat, a three-pointer from the right corner that missed.
- Sam Malone saw his first official action of the season.
- Kentucky averaged 1.007 points per possession, down from 1.247 on Tuesday night.
- Portland averaged 0.625 points per possession, down from Samford’s 0.792 on Tuesday.
- Portland shot 27.1 percent, lowest percentage by a UK opponent since Radford shot 26.2 percent on Nov. 23 of last season.
- Over the last four games, UK has made just 40 of 72 free throws for 55.6 percent. Willie Cauley-Stein has made just two of nine free throws over the past three games.
This entry was posted in UK basketball
. Bookmark the permalink