- Ryan Harrow played a season-high 25 minutes and scored a season-high eight points with a season-high six assists.
- Harrow also made his first three-pointer of the year. He is now one-of-nine on three-pointers for the season.
- Nerlens Noel said he played with knee tendinitis, but was still on the floor for 31 minutes and blocked a career-high seven shots, topping the six he blocked against Morehead.
- Archie Goodwin has scored in double figures eight of UK’s nine games.
- Goodwin grabbed eight rebounds, second only to his nine against LIU-Brooklyn.
- Julius Mays played 33 minutes and did not have an assist or a turnover.
- Mays made both of his free-throw attempts and is now 12-of-13 on the season.
- Alex Poythress scored 15 points, the seventh time in nine games he has been in double figures.
- Poythress has made 13 of 17 shots over his last two games, including three of four three-pointers.
- Kyle Wiltjer scored 12 points, his fourth double-figure game out of nine.
- Wiltjer was one-of-three from three-point land and has now made just five of 30 (16.7 percent) over his last six games.
- Wiltjer has gone two straight games without an offensive rebound.
- Jarrod Polson played just four minutes, tying his season low. He played four minutes against Baylor last Saturday.
- After making back-to-back three-pointers near the end of the Samford game, Jon Hood played just one minute against Portland.
- Tod Lanter took his first shot as a Wildcat, a three-pointer from the right corner that missed.
- Sam Malone saw his first official action of the season.
- Kentucky averaged 1.007 points per possession, down from 1.247 on Tuesday night.
- Portland averaged 0.625 points per possession, down from Samford’s 0.792 on Tuesday.
- Portland shot 27.1 percent, lowest percentage by a UK opponent since Radford shot 26.2 percent on Nov. 23 of last season.
- Over the last four games, UK has made just 40 of 72 free throws for 55.6 percent. Willie Cauley-Stein has made just two of nine free throws over the past three games.
UK football schedule
Aug. 31 vs. WKU – Lost 35-26 (0-1)
Sept. 7 Miami (Ohio) - Won 41-7 (1-1)
Sept. 14 Louisville - Lost 27-13 (1-2)
Sept. 28 Florida - Lost 24-7 (1-3/0-1)
Oct. 5 at S Carolina - Lost 35-28 (1-4/0-2)
Oct. 12 Alabama - Lost 48-7 (1-5/0-3)
Oct. 24 at Miss St - Lost 28-22 (1-6/0-4)
Nov. 2 Alabama St - Won 48-14 (2-6/0-4)
Nov. 9 Missouri - Lost 48-17 (2-7/0-5)
Nov. 16 at Vanderbilt - Lost 22-6 (2-8/0-6)
Nov. 23 at Georgia - Lost 59-17 (2-9/0-7)
Nov. 30 Tennessee - Lost 27-14 (2-10/0-8)
UK basketball schedule
Nov. 1 Transylvania - Won 76-42
Nov. 4 Montevallo - Won 95-72
Nov. 8 UNC-Asheville - Won 89-57 (1-0)
Nov. 10 NKU - Won 93-63 (2-0)
Nov. 12 vs. Michigan St - Lost 78-74 (2-1)
Nov. 17 Robert Morris - Won 87-49 (3-1)
Nov. 19 Texas-Arlington - Won 105-76 (4-1)
Nov. 25 Cleveland State - Won 68-61 (5-1)
Nov. 27 Eastern Michigan - Won 81-63 (6-1)
Dec. 1 vs. Providence - Won 79-65 (7-1)
Dec. 6 vs. Baylor in Arlington, Texas
Dec. 10 Boise State
Dec. 14 at North Carolina
Dec. 21 Belmont
Dec. 28 Louisville
Jan. 8 Mississippi St
Jan. 11 at Vanderbilt
Jan. 14 at Arkansas
Jan. 18 Tennessee
Jan. 21 Texas A&M
Jan. 25 Georgia
Jan. 28 at LSU
Feb. 1 Missouri
Feb. 4 Ole Miss
Feb. 8 at Mississippi St
Feb. 12 Auburn
Feb. 15 Florida
Feb. 18 at Ole Miss
Feb. 22 LSU
Feb. 27 Arkansas
Mar. 1 at South Carolina
Mar. 4 Alabama
Mar. 8 at Florida
Mar. 12 SEC Tournament