Let’s run the numbers on UK’s 101-49 win over Lafayette:
1. Kentucky shot 64.5 percent, its highest percentage since shooting 68.8 percent against Kansas State in Las Vegas.
2. Kentucky record 15 steals, the most since getting 16 against Georgia on March 4, 2009. (And UK lost that game.)
4. The 51 points in the first half is the most since 52 at South Carolina on Feb. 4, 2012 last season.
5. The last time Kentucky broke the 100-point barrier was in the Sweet 16 of last year’s NCAA Tournament when the Cats beat Indiana 102-92.
6. The 101 points is the most in a regular season game since UK scored 108 against Marist on Nov. 11, 2011.
7. Julius Mays had 10 assists, most by a UK player since Marquis Teague had 10 assists against Florida on Feb. 27 of last season.
8. Mays did not have a turnover to go with his 10 assists. Teague had five turnovers to go with his 10 assists.
9. Through three games, Nerlens Noel has 10 steals and seven blocked shots. Through three games, Anthony Davis had 15 blocked shots but just two steals.
10. UK made 11 of 19 threes for 57.9 percent. The last time the Cats shot that well from behind the line, when taking 15 or more attempts, was Feb. 27 of last season when UK was nine-of-15 from three at Florida.
11. The 11 made threes was the most since making 15 of 27 against Georgia on March 1 last season.
13. Archie Goodwin has nine assists and 10 turnovers in three games.
14. Alex Poythress has made 18 of 22 shots over his last two games.
15. Jon Hood played 11 minutes, the most since he played 20 against LSU on Jan. 15, 2011. (Hood missed all of last season with a knee injury.)
16. Twany Beckham saw his first action of the season.
17. Lafayette shot one free throw, one less than Florida shot against UK in last year’s SEC Tournament.
18. Lafayette averaged 0.667 points per possession, lowest by a UK foe since Radford’s 0.545 on Nov. 23, 2011.
19. UK averaged 1.391 points per possession. The Cats averaged 1.405 vs. Indiana in the NCAA Tournament last year.
20. UK plays Sean Woods and Morehead State next, Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Rupp.