At the Georgia Dome in Atlanta for Kentucky-Duke. Get updates here. And follow me on twitter @johnclayiv.
– Final: Duke 75, Kentucky 68
– Duke 64-61 with 2:04 left as UK is on a 9-0 run. Cats got stops on four straight possessions.
– Duke 64, Kentucky 54 with 5:18 left. Plumlee returned at 10:05 mark. Poythress has played well, now has 18 points for Kentucky. His jams have been emphatic. Duke is 4-of-4 from 3 this half and 8-of-15 from three for the game.
– Duke now up 54-42 on Kentucky with 11:06 left. With Plumlee out, Calipari went to twin towers of Cauley-Stein and Noel, but without much luck. Duke has outscored UK 11-5 since Plumlee left the floor. Polson had a hard time containing Curry, especially on drives. Twice UK went for the block, with no rebounders and Hairston was able to clean up with follow baskets.
– Duke still up 43:37 at 15:04 mark. But Plumlee picked up his fourth foul at 16:05 mark.
– Duke up 43-37 with 16:47 left in second half. Plumlee has made two nice passes that led to Duke threes to give the Devils a 6-point advantage. Suliamon hit the first. Cook hit the second. Duke has made six of 13 from behind the stripe.
– First half analysis: flop, flop, flop. Actually, Kentucky shot 45.8 to 40.0 for Duke. The Devils have a 19-15 advantage on the boards. But the difference may be the four charging fouls called for Kentucky, nearly half of the Cats nine turnovers. Mays, Cauley-Stein, Goodwin and Polson each have two fouls at halftime.
– Halftime: Duke 33, Kentucky 31. UK has nine turnovers, four of them charging fouls.
– Duke now up 28-23 on UK with 3:55 left in 1H. Kelly just blocked Poythress on successive possessions. Plumlee has 14 points for the Devils. He’s scored seven points in the last three minutes.
– Kentucky up 21-19 on Duke with 7:48 to go in first half. The Cats are eight of 14 from the field for 57 percent. Kentucky has made both its three-point attempts. Duke up 11-9 on the boards. Curry has made two threes for the Devils.
– Kentucky leads Duke 13-9 with 11:55 left in first half. The Cats went on a 10-0 run. Poythress threw down an emphatic jam over two Devils, then later scored on a drive in the lane. UK has made five-of-nine shots at this point. Duke is 3-of-10. But the Devils’ Mason Plumlee just picked up his second foul for the Dookies.
– Kentucky and Duke tied 5-5 at the 15:58 mark. Goodwin did start at the point for the Cats, with Ryan Harrow not making the trip because of illness. Kyle Wiltjer buried a three-pointer from right corner for the Cats only made field goal so far. Nerlens Noel got a break when his missed free throw, a second consecutive miss, was erased by a Duke lane violation. Noel then hit the second, his first made free throw this year.
By the way, Kentucky fans were outnumbered in Brooklyn on Friday. That is not the case tonight here in the Georgia Dome.
– Kentucky’s starters are Nerlens Noel, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Kyle Wiltjer and Julius Mays.