Here at the Barclays Center at Brooklyn. Kentucky meets Maryland in the nightcap at 8:30. First, we have Sean Woods’ debut as Morehead State coach as the Eagles meet LIU-Brooklyn. I’ll have updates here, and you can follow me on twitter @johnclayiv.
- LIU cut the lead to one point, but Morehead’s Bakari Turner stepped to the line and hit both ends of a one-and-one with 5.6 seconds left to seal the Eagles’ 77-74 win here at the Barclays Center. It makes Sean Woods’ debut as Morehead State coach a winning one. Chavis lead the Eagles with 24 points. Olasewere of LIU-Brooklyn lead all scorers with 26.
- With 3:38 left, Morehead leads LIU-Brooklyn 73-62. Milton Chavis has 22 for the Eagles. Kahlil Owens has nine rebounds for Morehead.
- LIU made a 6-0 run, but Morehead has pushed its lead back out to 64-57 with 7:50 remaining.
- Morehead extended the run to 11-0 to take a 56-47 lead on the Blackbirds, but LIU-Brooklyn has cut the Eagles advantage to 57-51 with 11:53 remaining. Chavis has 17 to lead Morehead. Boyd has 16 to lead the Blackbirds.
- Morehead is on a 6-0 run has taken a 51-47 lead over LIU with 14:47 left in the second half. Now trailing, the Blackbirds have gone three minutes without a basket. Morehead has gotten a couple of fast break buckets to fuel the mini-run.
- Morehead’s Maurice Lewis-Briggs hits back-to-back 3s at end of first half to give Morehead State a 38-37 lead over LIU-Brooklyn. Chavis lead Morehead with 15 points in the first half. Boyd led LIU with 12. Morehead shot 44 percent, including 6-0f-13 from beyond the three-point line. The Blackbirds shot 46.4 percent, but made just one-of-six from beyond the stripe. LIU has a 19-18 rebounding edge. Each team had 11 turnovers in the first half. Morehead did not shoot a free throw in the first half.
- LIU has stuck its nose back in front 30-29 with 3:13 left in the first half. Morehead had a 29-25 lead before the Blackbirds scored five straight points.
- Morehead is on a 9-2 run and has taken a 25-23 lead with 6:39 left in the first half. Milton Chavis, a senior from Raleigh, North Carolina scored seven straight points for the Eagles to help Morehead to the lead. Chavis has 12 points in this first half.
- LIU-Brooklyn leads Morehead 18-16 with 10:28 left in first half. The Blackbirds have continually beaten Woods’ team down the floor. Julian Boyd has 10 points for LIU to lead all scorers.
1H-14:43 Morehead 9, LIU-Brooklin 9 After falling behind 4-0, Sean Woods’ team has scored on four straight possessions to tie the game at 9-9. Kahlil Owens, a 6-foot-7 senior from Pensacola, Florida scored back-to-back buckets off the bench for the Eagles. LIU’s Julian Boyd scored the game’s first four points, but was yanked after a charging foul.