Big Blue Links for Monday:
- Jen Smith reports on Kentucky’s Sunday firing of football coach Joker Phillips.
- Mark Story thinks UK should pick a pass-happy, up-and-comer as coach.
- A list of possible candidates to replace Joker Phillips.
- Rick Bozich digs into the question of what went wrong for Phillips?
- Pat Forde says Bobby Petrino is not on UK’s initial list.
- Kyle Tucker reports that Joker Phillips all but fell on his sword.
- Larry Vaught writes that losses and empty seats dictated a change.
- Phillips, Wildcats forced Barnhart’s hand, says Dick Gabriel.
- Change was needed for both Barnhart and UK, says ESPN’s Edward Aschoff.
- Ken Howlett lists reasons to be thankful for Phillips’ services.
- With ball in UK’s hands, Cody Porter wonders who it will target?
- Tim Sullivan says Barnhart let Phillips retain his dignity.
- Phillips has a 12-23 record as UK coach, reports Matt May.
- UK’s blog says Barnhart’s decision kicks off vital time for program.
- KY Forward says the search for Phillips’ replacement will begin immediately.
- Eric Crawford examines the possible candidates.
- Phillips’ status for rest of season yet to be determined, says Ben Jones.
- Phillips’ Era was a missed opportunity, says Kentucky Scout.
- Jerry Tipton reports that Calipari is taking a tough love approach into exhibition.