Kansas basketball coach Bill Self has agreed to a contract extension through 2022 in which he will paid $3.9 million per year.
The Jayhawks won the 2008 title under Self by beating John Calipari and Memphis in overtime for the title. Kansas lost to Calipari and Kentucky in the national championship game this past season.
Self has a 269-53 record at Kansas and has several provisional bonuses built into the new deal.
According to the Kansas City Star, (via USA Today) these are the five highest-paid college basketball coaches:
- 1. John Calipari, Kentucky $5.388 million
- 2. Rick Pitino, Louisville $4.813 million
- 3. Mike Krzyzewski, Duke $4.699 million
- 4. Bill Self, Kansas $3.856 million
- 5. Billy Donovan, Florida $3.640 million