Quarterback news dominated the morning links with regards to Kentucky football. Maxwell Smith should start Saturday against South Carolina, despite his “separated” shoulder. But instead of Morgan Newton as backup, the staff is working to get true freshman Jalen Whitlow (left) ready as the No. 2.
In other news, the new floor is down in the UK basketball locker room. Steve Spurrier keeps stirring things up at South Carolina. Blue-White basketball tickets are about to go on sale.
Big Blue Links for Thursday:
- True freshman quarterback Jalen Whitlow is adapting quickly to college game, reports Jennifer Smithof Herald-Leader.
- Despite separated shoulder, Maxwell Smith says he’s ready to go, reports Smith.
- What we’ve learned through the first third of the college football season, according to me.
- There’s good and bad news for Kentucky quarterbacks, reports Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal.
- Steve Spurrier has taken the long road to SEC contention, writes Rick Bozich of WDRB.
- Defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward gets high marks from Spurrier, reports Chris Low of ESPN.
- Avery Williamson and Pancho Thomas are now almost inseparable, reports Ben Jones of Cats Illustrated.
- South Carolina facing a trap game against Kentucky, says Pigskin Report.
- Tickets for Blue-White basketball game on sale Oct. 4, reports Kentucky Kernel.
- Attrition decimates UK’s depth, says Alex Forkner of the Kernel.
- Jarrod Polson confident he can hang with the best, reports CoachCal.com.
- Hits just keep coming for Kentucky football, reports A Sea of Blue.
- Spurrier has found an explosive wrinkle, says Garnett and Black Attack.
- South Carolina’s pass rush is ridiculous, writes KSR’s Rashawn Franklin.
- True freshman Cody Quinn has impressed UK’s coaches, reports Jon Hale of KyForward.
- Gamecocks’ offensive line has taken a step forward, reports Gamecock Central.
- Final Four floor installed in UK locker room, reports Nation of Blue.