After talking to North Texas head coach Johnny Jones about its opening for a basketball coach, LSU has apparently turned its radar to Virginia coach Tony Bennett and VCU coach Shaka Smart.
Bennett was a candidate at LSU four years ago when the school hired Trent Johnson. The 35-year-old Smart took VCU to the Final Four in 2010 and made the NCAA Tournament again last year. He recently turned down Illinois to stay in Richmond.
Click the continue line for today’s SEC links:
SEC links for Friday:
- Virginia and VCU coaches on LSU radar, reports Times’ Glenn Guilbeau.
- Spurrier takes jab at Georgia, reports Seth Emerson of L-E.
- Florida expected to sign Walker today, reports Sun’s Kevin Brockway.
- Texts show Petrino was worried about fate, reports Arkansas 360.
- Petrino will coach again, argues Sentinel’s George Diaz.
- Davis says he is not leaving Arkansas, reports Jimmy Carter of News.
- Missouri not worried about change in SEC, reports ESPN’s Edward Aschoff.
- Saban wants to be at NFL draft, reports Don Kausler of News.
- Auburn’s Reed managing expectations, reports Jay Tate of Advertiser.
- UT’s Sentimore progressing, reports Patrick Brown of Free Press.
- Burno joins Florida staff, reports Hays Carlyon of Times-Union.
- Perception of Bobo varies widely, reports AJC’s Chip Towers.
- USC’s Botkin back in college, reports Darryl Slater of Post and Courier.
Friday’s SEC baseball schedule
- Florida at Tennessee 6:00 PM
- Auburn at Vanderbilt 7:00 PM
- Ole Miss at Georgia 7:00 PM
- Mississippi St. at South Carolina 7:00 PM
- Kentucky at Arkansas 7:30 PM
- Alabama at LSU 8:00 PM
SEC baseball standings
- Kentucky 9 – 3
- Florida 7 – 5
- Tennessee 6 – 6
- Georgia 6 – 7
- South Carolina 5 – 7
- Vanderbilt 4 – 8
- LSU 8 – 4
- Arkansas 7 – 5
- Auburn 6 – 6
- Ole Miss 6 – 7
- Mississippi St. 5 – 7
- Alabama 4 – 8