Who says people over 50 can’t text?
Freedom of Information requests revealed that Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino had sent over 4,300 text messages since last September, including as many as 103 in one day, to his mistress, 25-year-old Jessica Dorrell. The 103 texts came the day before Arkansas beat Troy. Going over some last-minute game strategy, apparently.
As John Adams of the Knoxville News-Sentinel writes, the term “coaching genius” is actually an oxymoron.
In other league news, LSU interviewed former assistant Johnny Jones for its basketball opening. Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy received a contract extension. And the defending national champion South Carolina baseball team lost to tiny Francis Marion University.
Click the continue line for today’s SEC links.
SEC links for Thursday:
- Coaching genius is an oxymoron, says KNS’ John Adams.
- Petrino did a lot of texting, reports Robbie Nieswanger of News.
- Meyer refutes Sporting News story, reports Orlando Sentinel.
- LSU interviews Johnny Jones, reports The Advocate.
- Arkansas needs patience, writes Jon Solomon of Birmingham News.
- McGee not addressing Arkansas rumors, reports News’ Steve Irvine.
- Interim coach may be best direction, writes News’ Harry King.
- Petrino pays for lying, says Pat Dooley of Gainesville Sun.
- South Carolina baseball loses to Francis Marion, reports Post and Courier.
- BCS title game cost Alabama nearly $2 million, reports Tuscaloosa News.
- Auburn’s Coleman is cancer free, reports L-E’s Joel Erickson.
- Kennedy gets contract extension, reports C-L’s Hugh Kellenberger.
- Former Hog may land with Jackson State, reports C-L’s Ross Dellenger.
- Vandy’s Norman impresses, reports Jeff Lockridge of Tennessean.
- Georgia’s Brown gets chance to shine, says David Paschall of Free Press.