We are in New Orleans. Arrived last night. Had dinner with Jerry Tipton, Andy Katz and Mike DeCourcy. Ran into Mitch and Connie Barnhart. Lobby of the New Orleans Marriott filled with media. Press conferences start at 11:55 a.m. today and run through the afternoon.
Meanwhile, Shabazz Muhammad picked up MVP honors at the McDonald’s All-American Game in Chicago. But the buzz seems to be that UCLA is leading Muhammad, while Nerlens Noel is more likely to end up a Wildcat. UK signee Alex Poythress scored 19 points, while fellow Kentucky signee Archie Goodwin added 14.
Big Blue Links for Thursday:
- UK arrives in the Crescent City, reports Guy Ramsey of Cat Scratches.
- ESPN can’t let Knight play by own rules, says Poynter Institute.
- Kentucky’s Death March, writes Chuck Klosterman of Grantland.
- Poythress, Goodwin stand out in McDonald’s Game, reports Rivals.
- Poythress, Goodwin look to keep tradition alive, writes Chicago Tribune.
- Mitch McConnell not making an endorsement, reports Politico.
- Pitino back in Final Four 25 years after first trip, writes Yahoo’s Pat Forde.
- Score, rebound to beat Louisville, says CBS’ Jeff Goodman.
- Van Gundy says absurd to think UK could beat Wizards, reports AP.
- Pitino’s path was clear, writes Mike Vaccaro of NY Post.
- An educated guess at the game plans, from ESPN’s Eamonn Brennan.
- Going beyond the Final Four numbers, by SI.com’s Luke Winn.
- Four- and five-star recruits fill rosters, writes Yahoo’s Mike Huguenin.
- Calipari makes it look easy, writes Rick Cleveland of C-L.
- Rivalry shows its true colors, writes Jerry Brewer of Seattle Times.
- Blue-Red battle fierce and fun, writes H-L’s Mark Story.
- What we learned from December clash, by me.
- Russ Smith is a wild Card, writes H-L’s Mark Maloney.
- Davis praised for low-key style, says H-L’s Jerry Tipton.
- Players from 1983 say this is bigger, writes C-J’s Rick Bozich.
- Siva assists are a way of life, reports C.L. Brown of C-J.
- NBA players taught UK to stick together, reports Kyle Tucker of C-J.
- Does UK in 2011 equal U of L in 2012? asks Darrell Bird of Cats Pause.
- Davis’ father didn’t anticipate this, writes Larry Vaught of A-M.
- The Pitino friendship/rivalry, by David Schuh of Kernel.
- Cats know much has changed, writes Jon Hale of KyForward.