It didn’t take long after Louisville’s amazing comeback flipped Florida 72-68 in the West Region final in Phoenix before the buzz turned to a potential Final Four matchup with — yikes — Kentucky in New Orleans.
That’s if Kentucky beats Baylor today in the South Region final in Atlanta.
Rick Pitino set the stage, saying in the post-game press conference, “There will be people in Kentucky who will have a nervous breakdown if they lose to us. They’ve got to put the fences up on the bridges.”
- Louisville’s rally earns Final Four berth, reports C-J’s C.L. Brown.
- Pitino’s adjustments make the difference, says C-J’s Eric Crawford.
- Pitino adds a memory, writes Mark Whicker of OC Register.
- It was a Russ-diciulous rally, says Luke Winn of SI.com.
- Behanan’s dream comes true, writes Eamonn Brennan of espn.com.
- Russ Smith sparks comeback, says Jeff Passan of Yahoo.
- Pitino proves he’s a Hall of Famer, writes CBS’ Dennis Dodd.
- Florida loses lead, writes Kevin Brockway of Gainesville Sun.
- UF exceeded expectations, says Sun’s Pat Dooley.
- Tough end for Erving Walker, reports Sentinel’s Rachel George.
- Gators crumble down stretch, reports Herald’s Matt Watts.
- Final Four hopes hit wall, says David Jones of Florida Today.
- Florida couldn’t finish, writes Hays Carlton of Times-Union.
- U of L storms its way back, writes Greg Bishop of NY Times.
- Pitino looks ahead to Final Four, blogs Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo.