So here we go as Kentucky needs a win over Baylor for its 15th trip to the Final Four. Gametime is 2:20 p.m. CBS is the network. Jim Nantz, Clark Kellogg and Tracy Wolfson will do the broadcast honors.
Much of Saturday’s preview material centered on Baylor’s athleticism, the Bears’ option of playing a zone defense, Kentucky’s possible fatigue after a racehorse game Friday night with Indiana and the Cats’ special skills.
The thinking here is that Kentucky is the better, tougher team. I see a second Louisville game in the Big Blue Nation’s future.
Click the continue line for this morning’s links.
Big Blue Links for Sunday:
- Fatigue, zone UK’s biggest challenges, says H-L’s Jerry Tipton.
- Welcome to AAU All-Star game, says my preview column.
- Lamb acing pre-season test, says H-L’s Mark Story.
- Cal admires UK’s steady play, says Tipton’s notes.
- No neon for Baylor on Sunday, reports Tipton.
- Five things to watch in South final, from H-L.
- UK frosh poised and proficient, says C-J’s Rick Bozich.
- UK and Baylor share DNA, says C-J’s Kyle Tucker.
- As IU learned, UK different breed, says AJC’s Mark Bradley.
- Davis leads UK to Final Four brink, says CI’s Brett Dawson.
- Miller focused on Holy Grail, writes Matt May of Cats Pause.
- Baylor sets its goal, writes Jimmy Burch of Telegram.
- Baylor shares success, writes Shannon Ryan of Tribune.
- Baylor’s Jones get too much flak, argues CBS’ Gary Parrish.
- UK braces for a zone not its own, writes NY Times’ Ray Glier.
- Is this Cal’s best team ever? asks Larry Vaught of A-M.
- U of L raises the stakes, says Kernel’s Aaron Smith.
- Lamb a kid at heart, says Kernel’s Smith.
- Cats trying for 15th Final Four, writes Kernel’s Sam Rothbauer.
- Baylor has the horses, says Eric Lindsey for Cat Scratches.
- Miller stepping up in tourney run, writes Guy Ramsey of CoachCal.com.
- UK may meet its athletic match, writes S-J’s Brian Rickerd.
- Baylor hopes to lean on Jackson, writes Jay Busbee of Yahoo.
- Davis reveling in signature look, writes Tina Akouris of Sun-Times.
- Baylor, UK want a fast pace, writes ESPN’s Andy Katz.
- Baylor knows UK will have blue backing, writes Daily News’ Dick Weiss.