Finally, here we go. The tournament commences. Kentucky plays Western Kentucky at 6:40 p.m. today at the KFC Yum Center. The game is being televised by TBS. Kentucky is the tournament’s No. 1 overall seed. Western Kentucky is a No. 16 seed.
A No. 16 seed has never beaten a No. 1 seed.
The pre-game stories centered on Kentucky being the tournament favorite, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist’s friendship with WKU’s Derrick Gordon, how Kentucky fans have taken over Louisville and Marquis Teague’s role as point guard in a tournament where guard play is paramount. There is plenty to read.
Big Blue Links for Thursday:
- Confident (not arrogant) Kentucky takes aim at title
- Once a UK commitment, Vinny Zollo not looking for payback
- Story: As long as UK shows up, WKU will fall
- Clay: Time for Marquis Teague to embrace his delivery man role
- Reunion was always the plan for Kidd-Gilchrist and Gordon
- Western Kentucky looks for historic win over No. 1 Kentucky
- Forde: John Calipari faces burden of having to win it all
- Solomon: Can Calipari win NCAA with one-and-done model?
- Wojciechowski: It’s hard to judge the Kentucky way
- This looks like John Calipari’s year at Kentucky
- Crawford: Call Kentucky basketball the Big Blue Machine
- Calipari asks his Cats to turn it up now that the NCAA is here
- Kentucky fans paint Louisville blue
- Western Kentucky hoping its dream is possible
- Murray State counting on support from Kentucky fans
- Kentucky trying to minimize the pressure of being favorite
- Kentucky wary of Western Kentucky’s comeback magic
- Calipari wants relaxed Cats as NCAA play opens
- Kentucky basketball fans are taking over Louisville
- Ray Harper’s move has paid off at Western Kentucky