The site Sportsbook.com says that Kentucky is the favorite to win the national championship at odds of 9-5, but you might be surprised by the second choice.
It’s North Carolina, and the Heels are right on the Cats’ heels. North Carolina is the 9-4 choice. It’s easy to forget that UNC was the pre-season No. 1. After all, Roy Williams club lost to UNLV early, then at Kentucky. Plus, there was that ugly blowout loss at Florida State, plus that late collapse at Chapel Hill in the loss to Duke. But there is no doubt that North Carolina has the talent, and the Tar Heels were very impressive in whipping Duke on Saturday in Durham.
Click the continue line for some evening news links.
- Oddsmaker puts Kentucky and North Carolina at top of NCAA list
- Ryan Fitzpatrick is very happy to have Stevie Johnson coming back to the Bills
- There’s a UK alumni gathering at the SEC Tournament in New Orleans
- Pat Dooley thinks Florida needs to win at least one game in New Orleans
- Baylor will wear (ugly) neon green uniforms in the NCAA Tournament
- NCAA will air TV show after Selection Sunday on how brackets were produced
- Dennis Dodd says coaches polls need to go
- Peter King story on the Saints and the bounty system
- Dan Wetzel on the alleged Syracuse drug policy violations
- Sunday’s Lakers-Heat game set an NBA ratings record
- Paste magazine reviews Springsteen’s Wrecking Ball
Links of interest: