The SEC-leading Kentucky women are in action tonight at Auburn for a 7 p.m. start.
But the bigger news may come out of the college football ranks, where the lousy bowl TV ratings have caused an examination of eligibility criteria. There is apparently now a push to raise the minimum number of wins needed for bowl eligibility from six to seven. That could have a big effect on a school like Kentucky, which in recent years has made the needed six-wins a major priority.
Big Blue Links for Thursday:
- SEC takes care of Kentucky, writes Kevin Scrabinsky of the Birmingham News.
- Teams may need seven wins for bowl eligibility, writes CBS Sports’ Brett McMurphy.
- Calipari pushing Cats to be special, reports Jerry Tipton of H-L.
- New uniforms bring love/hate reaction, writes Mike Miller of NBC Sports.
- Snowden making most of minutes, writes Jen Smith of Herald-Leader.
- Matthew Mitchell using depth to keep UK atop SEC, writes Les Johns of Kernel.
- Evans has been a rock for UK Hoops, writes Guy Ramsey of Cat Scratches.
- Unselfishness sets this Kentucky team apart, writes Kyle Tucker of C-J.
- Wiltjer’s parents understand his role, writes Larry Vaught of A-M.
- Terrence Jones needs a defensive boost, reports Cats Illustrated.
- Knight learning early NBA lessons, reports Miami Herald’s Joseph Goodman.
- To get more, you have to ask for more, writes Eric Lindsey of CoachCal.com.
SEC women’s basketball schedule tonight
- Kentucky at Auburn 7:00 p.m.
- Ole Miss at South Carolina 7:00 p.m.
- Arkansas at Mississippi St. 8:00 p.m.
- Georgia at Vanderbilt 9:00 p.m.
- Tennessee at Alabama 9:00 p.m.
More links of interest: