Matthew Mitchell puts his Kentucky women back in action tonight, this time on the road at Georgia. Kentucky leads the SEC with a 5-0 mark. Georgia, LSU and Tennessee are all tied at 4-1. And as it happens, LSU and Tennessee to play tonight, as well.
Over on the men’s side, the Cats have three days between Tuesday’s win over Arkansas and Saturday’s meeting with
Vanderbilt Alabama. Much to Vandy coach Kevin Stallings’ chagrin. It’s Alabama that has the quick turnaround, however. After playing host to the Commodores tonight, Anthony Grant’s club comes to Lexington for a Saturday matchup with the Cats.
Big Blue Links for Thursday:
- Terrence Jones explains his upswing, reports Jerry Tipton of H-L.
- UK suffers football attendance drop, says me in notes column.
- Mathies making coach happy with more shots, writes Jen Smith of H-L.
- Hold your nose and read this book, writes Rick Bozich of C-J.
- Kentucky ready to break block record, says Nicole Auerbach of USA Today.
- UK firing on all cylinders, writes Kyle Tucker of C-J.
- Patrick Towles upgraded to fourth star, reports Steve Jones of CI.
- It’s Teague Time, says Tom Leach.
- Georgia next road test for UK women, writes Larry Vaught of A-M.
- UK Hoops settling into routine, writes Guy Ramsey of Cat Scratches.
- Cats returning to full strength, writes Sam Rothbauer of Kernel.
- UK’s old guys discover youth, writes Darrell Bird of Cats Pause.
- Lesson of Jeff Pearlman, writes Glenn Logan of A Sea of Blue.
- Kuran Iverson is a popular recruit, reports Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports.