It’s the time of the year for football staff migrations. Nowhere knows that more than Tennessee, which is reportedly about to lose its sixth assistant football coach since the end of the season. Defensive line coach Lance Thompson is reportedly headed back to Alabama.
He could join a staff that will include Doug Nussmeier as its new offensive coordinator, replacing Jim McElwain with the national champs. McElwain is the new head coach at Colorado State.
Click the continue line for today’s SEC links.
SEC links for Monday:
- Nussmeier could be new OC at Alabama, reports Don Kausler of News.
- UT’s Thompson could also be joining Tide, reports News’ Chase Goodbread.
- Muschamp impressed with Pease as recruiter, writes Sentinel’s Rachel George.
- Lady Vols hammer Vanderbilt, reports Dan Fleser of News-Sentinel.
- Florida women upset LSU, reports Jim Harvin for Gainesville Sun.
- Georgia women whip Miss State, reports Daily Journal.
- Lady Rebels win at Alabama, reports Daily Journal.
- Vandy football has pieces to build on, writes Tennessean’s Jeff Lockridge.
- Les Miles contradicts himself, writes Glenn Guilbeau of The Advocate.
- A total of 51 SEC seniors to play in All-Star games, reports ESPN’s Chris Low.