Nerlens Noel dominated Michigan signee Mitch McGary in a head-to-battle at the Hoophall Classic in Springfield, Mass.
Rated No. 3 by Rivals and Scout in the Class of 2013, Noel scored 22 points and grabbed eight rebounds and blocked seven shots. John Calipari was in the crowd, and Noel listed UK, Connecticut and Syracuse as his top three choices at this point.
Meanwhile, Bullitt East star Derek Willis will make known his college choice on Friday. The former Purdue commitment is reportedly down to Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana and Purdue.
Click the continue line for Monday’s Big Blue Links.
Big Blue Links for Monday:
- Derek Willis will make decision Friday, reports Larry Vaught of A-M.
- Nerlens Noel makes a statement, says MaxPreps.
- Noel-McGary matchup lives up to its billing, says espn.com.
- UK women escape South Carolina, reports Jen Smith of H-L.
- Photo gallery from Kentucky’s win in Columbia.
- Men showing they are Final Four quality, says my column.
- MKG was mad on Saturday, writes Beth Rucker of the AP.
- UK cheerleaders win 19th title, reports Guy Ramsey of Cat Scratches.
- Cal’s ultimatum involves toughness, writes Kernel’s Aaron Smith.
- Late night musings about a big road win, by Sea of Blue.
- Freshmen will have to lead way, writes Big Bluegrass Blog.
- Rational thinking about this year’s team, from Nation of Blue.
- Coach Cal has another mailbag at CoachCal.com.
- Smith wants to finish career at Minnesota, writes Star-Trib’s Sid Hartman.