A’dia Mathies was the Big Blue story on Thursday, scoring 34 points and hitting the game-winner as No. 9 Kentucky beat the No. 6 Tennessee women 61-60 before a sold-out crowd at Memorial Coliseum.
The Kentucky men travel to Knoxville on Saturday to play the Tennessee men. It’s a noon start on ESPN. John Calipari and selected players will have a media opportunity this afternoon, so look for notes, video, etc. on this blog later today.
Big Blue Links for Friday:
- Mathies’ 34 saves Kentucky, reports Jen Smith of Herald-Leader.
- More lore for Memorial Coliseum, writes Mark Story of H-L.
- Photo gallery from UK-UT women, by Herald-Leader.
- UT’s comeback stalls at Memorial, reports Dan Fleser of KNS.
- Kidd-Gilchrist could be No. 1 pick, writes NBA.com’s Scott Howard-Cooper.
- Judd’s kindness lifts Malone’s spirits, reports Larry Vaught of A-M.
- UK women continue SEC streak, writes Les Johns of Kernel.
- Iroquois product leads UK to win, writes Michael Grant of C-J.
- Ovation for Summitt precedes victory, writes Smith of H-L.
- Fan gallery from UK-UT women’s game, from H-L.
- Mitchell leaves it to Mathis, writes Guy Ramsey of Cat Scratches.
- More Mathies’ magic, writes T.J. Walker of Cats Illustrated.
- Mathies’ stat line still doesn’t tell story, says TCP’s James Pennington.
- UK has to fight back, writes Jon Hale of KyForward.
- UK tennis, track look to big weekend, reports H-L.