Big Blue Links for Monday:
- There’s a good chance Jarnell Stokes will be a January enrollee, reports Jason Smith of the Memphis Commercial Appeal. His father says four of the six schools he is considering have scholarships available, but UK is one of the two that does not.
- The Kentucky women get their big payback in 74-54 win over Louisville, reports Jennifer Smith of the Herald-Leader from a sold-out Memorial Coliseum.
- The Kentucky women have replaced Victoria Dunlap with hard play and lots and lots of depth, says my column from the win over Louisville.
- Tough games with Duke and Notre Dame next on Matthew Mitchell’s agenda, reports Smith with other UK women’s notes.
- After Saturday’s breakdown at Rupp, North Carolina is focusing on late-game execution, writes Robbi Pickeral of espn.com.
- Since Louisville won last year’s game by 26, Sunday’s women’s game was all about the revenge, reports Jody Demling of the Courier-Journal.
- These are exciting times for the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry, writes Eric Crawford of the Courier-Journal.
- Rebounding, second-chance points and three-point shooting spurred the Kentucky women to the win, reports Les Johns of the Kentucky Kernel.
- No late-game drama as the UK women cruise to win over Louisville, reports the freshly-shaven T.J. Walker of Cats Illustrated.
- Louisville was never closer than 13 points in the second half of what turned out to be a 20-point loss, reports John Hale of KY Forward.
- Matthew Mitchell wasn’t quite sure how good is unbeaten Cats were until Sunday, now he knows, writes Guy Ramsey of Cat Scratches.
- Terrence Jones loves to smile for his No. 1 fan, his mother, writes Larry Vaught of the Danville Advocate-Messenger.
- Glenn Logan of A Sea of Blue looks at Kentucky’s shot selection.
- So happy it can barely contain itself, KSR gives its weekend in review.
- Nation of Blue says North Carolina blew it at the end.