Kentucky-Kansas and Duke-Michigan State are the only marquee matchups in ESPN’s 24-hour hoops tipoff. Florida takes on Ohio State tonight in a match-up of top 10 teams.
Rachel George of the Orlando Sentinel writes of OSU’s Jared Sullinger, “While his matchup with Florida sophomore center Patric Young has drawn the most interest, Florida’s players know they need a big game from others beside Young.
“‘We’re just gonna try to contain him but let him have what he wants,’ said guard Kenny Boynton, ‘but other than that, try to contain the other players and not let the other players have big games also.'”
- Gators gear up for Ohio State, reports Rachel George of Sentinel.
- Tide beats Oakland 74-57, reports Cecil Hurt of Tuscaloosa News.
- Auburn beats Kennesaw 68-55, reports Josh Moon of Advertiser.
- Ole Miss whips Grambling 69-39, reports Hugh Kellenberger of C-L.
- Johnson stressing defense at LSU, reports Picayune’s Katherine Terrell.
- UT impressed with Vandy’s rise, writes Mike Strange of News-Sentinel.
- Commodores preparing for Bray, reports Jeff Lockridge of Tennessean.
- A one-loss team over Alabama? asks Kevin Scarbinsky of Birmingham News.
- Honey Badger returning to earth, writes Les East of The Advocate.
- Two scores change things, writes Harry King of Arkansas News.
- Auburn showed youth in loss, writes Charles Bennett of Anniston Star.
- UF’s Roberson out for season, reports Matt Watts of Miami Herald.
- Florida players face facts, writes Robbie Andreu of Gainesville Sun.