Updates from the Blue-White Scrimmage at Rupp
You can follow the liveblog. Or follow on twitter . Updates from the Blue-White scrimmage:
- Terrence Jones finishes with 52 as Blue wins 126-104. Wiltjer scored 27. Polson dunked near game’s end to big roar. Lamb scored 31. Davis had 27. Check blog later for video, stats, notes, ect.
- With 3:48 left, Miller now up to 24 points. He’s made four of eight three-points. Yes, the freshmen are very good. But don’t sleep on the vets. Jones has 50 points. Lamb has played well. He has 26. And Miller has shown improvement.
- Jones has 432 points with 7:44 left, but am impressed with Kidd-Gilchrist. He gets a lot of different things done. Always hustling. He can create turnovers on defense, and be the garbage guy on offense. He’ll get more than his fair share of loose balls this year.
- With 13:02 left, Ryan Harrow throws it off the backboard to Jones for a jam. Terrence has 37 points. Doron Lamb has had a good half. He now has 17 points. Gilchrist has 17 points. Anthony Davis has 17 points.
- With 15:43 left in game, Terrence Jones has 33 points. Darius Miller leads everyone with five assists. Marquis Teague has four. This has pretty much been one fast break after another in the second half. Blue, led by Jones, leads the White team 68-56.
- Click here for the first half box score.
- Terrence Jones finishes first half with 26 points, making 12 of 15 shots. He also grabbed 11 rebounds and had three assists. He is stronger, and probably faster. Blue leads White 53-48.
- With 3:13 left in first half, Terrence Jones has 20 points and 10 rebounds. The sophomore has made 10 of 13 shots from the floor.
- Kyle Wiltjer has a sweet stroke from three-point range. The freshmen is two-for-two from beyound the arc. There is 7:46 left in the first half and the unstoppable Terrence Jones has 18 points.
- At the 11:15 mark of first half, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist playing with that lauded intensity. He has missed perimeter shots from each corner, but has scored on drives, one an acrobatic spin move. He’s mixing it up on both ends. And, by the way, Terrence Jones has 12 of his team’s 23 points.
- Early on, Terrence Jones is living up to John Calipari’s hype. He has scored six points. He scored on a nice driving jam, then came back later with another good, hard drive to the basket for two. As the players were warming up, a Committee of 101 member behind me remarked, “Terrence Jones looks like he has a brand new body.”
This entry was posted in UK basketball
. Bookmark the permalink