Alabama and LSU continued on their collision course toward Nov. 5. Alabama spotted Ole Miss a 7-0 lead, then ripped off 52 straight points. LSU invaded Knoxville and methodically tortured Tennessee 38-7, even with Peyton Manning looking on. Talk about a pain of neck.
Meanwhile, Florida’s Will Muschamp just might explode. The Gators are on a three-game losing streak after dropping a 17-6 decision at Auburn. Charlie Weis’ offense continues to sputter without injured quarterback John Brantley.
Georgia and South Carolina remain tied atop the SEC East. But Carolina’s Marcus Lattimore suffered a knee injury in the Gamecocks’ win at Starkville. And Georgia had to hold on to beat Vanderbilt, then defensive coordinator Todd Grantham — the choke-symbol instigator in last year’s Georgia-Florida game — got into it with Vanderbilt coach James Franklin during the post-game handshakes.
Click the continue line for today’s SEC links.
SEC links for Sunday:
- Auburn 17, Florida 6
- Auburn’ s obituary unwritten, says Kevin Scarbinsky of Birmingham News.
- Chizik happy with his defense, reports Charles Goldberg of Birmingham News.
- Clint Moseley plays key role in Auburn win, reports Joe Medley of Anniston Star.
- Quarterback swap spurs Tigers, writes Jay Tate of Montgomery Advertiser.
- Florida void of playmakers, writes Pat Dooley of Gainesville Sun.
- Gators dig themselves a hole, reports Rachel George of Orlando Sentinel.
- It’s been an awful October for Florida, writes David Jones of Florida Today.
- Florida offense still stale, reports Clark Spencer of Miami Herald.
- Alabama 52, Ole Miss 7
- Crimson Tide rolls to 7-0, writes Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News.
- Trent Richardson runs wild, reports Michael Casagrande of Anniston Star.
- Bama responds after score, reports Chase Goodbread of Tuscaloosa News.
- Alabama flexes its muscle, writes Parrish Alford of Daily Journal.
- Ole Miss hits a Crimson freight train, writes Clarion-Ledger’s Rick Cleveland.
- Tide scores 52 straight, reports C-L’s Hugh Kellenberger.
- South Carolina 14, Mississippi State 12
- Carolina gets win, awaits Lattimore news, reports Josh Kendall of The State.
- Against all odds, Carolina finds a way, writes Ron Morris of The State.
- Bulldogs take Gamecocks to wire, reports Brad Locke of Daily Journal.
- Russell unable to lift State, writes Brandon Marcello of Clarion-Ledger.
- Bulldogs can’t get over the hump, writes Rusty Hampton of Clarion-Ledger.
- Lattimore injury tempers USC win, writes Gene Sapakoff of Post and Courier.
- LSU 38, Tennessee 7
- Chavis chokes up after win, reports Glenn Guilbeau of Shreveport News.
- Vols get pounded at home, reports Mike Strange of Knoxville News-Sentinel.
- Inevitable outcome only half-bad, writes John Adams of the News-Sentinel.
- LSU delivers an old-school mauling, writes Tennessean’s David Climer.
- Tigers dominate at Neyland, writes Patrick Brown of Times Free Press.
- Claiborne’s interception picks up defense, writes Scott Hotard of The Advocate.
- LSU owns the second half, reports Jim Kleinpeter of Times-Picayune.
- Georgia 33, Vanderbilt 28
- Georgia eeks out a win at Vanderbilt, reports Chip Towers of AJC.
- Commodores put up unexpected fight, reports Jeff Lockridge of Tennessean.
- Dogs fail to polish off another foe, writes David Paschall of Times Free Press.
- Vandy coach and Georgia DC go toe-to-toe, reports Marc Weiszer of ABH.
- So much for gentlemen hand-shakes, writes Seth Emerson of Macon Telegraph.