Into the second full week of July and basketball recruiting is nearly as hot as the weather. Interesting read from espn.com on last week’s adidas Invitational in Indianapolis. John Stovall and Paul Biancardi break down several prospects.
But among the surprise players mentioned was Omar Prewitt, the 6-foot-5 small forward from Montgomery County who is the son of former UK women’s standout Lea Wise-Prewitt. What espn.com said:
He is a great shooter who can be streaky at times. He has good size, length and the ability to create some off the dribble — but is at his best when he can spot up, catch and shoot from the wing. He has range to 22 feet and is a solid ballhandler for a small forward. Prewitt puts you in the mind set of a younger version of former Butler, now Utah Jazz, wing Gordon Hayward. We watched him hit 9 of 10 3s versus Indiana Elite South.
Prewitt is just one breakdown of plenty.
Click on the continue line for Tuesday’s Big Blue Links.
Big Blue Links for Tuesday:
- Bob Gibbons thinks Robert Carter will commit to Kentucky
- Kentucky cheerleader falls 44 feet and lands on his feet
- Jaleel Cousins looks just like his brother, the one and only DeMarcus Cousins
- Shabazz Muhammad, Kasey Hill and big boy basketball
- ESPN breaks down the recent adidas Invitational in Indianapolis
- Sophomore-to-be LeRon Black likes Kentucky
- Orlando Antigua has been keeping an eye on some in-state talent
- Hines, Trevathan and Newton will represent UK at SEC Football Media Days
- UK doesn’t stack up so well in Mr. SEC’s football commitments comparisons
- Louisville making a push for South Carolina’s Devontre Parnell
- Kentucky quarterback Morgan Newton working on playing smarter
- UK doing construction work on facility improvements
- Enes Kanter to play for Turkey in upcoming EuroBasket tournament