The Cameron Newtons beat Oregon in last year’s BCS showcase. And the Auburn staff has played show me the money. Alabama papers this morning laid out the balance sheet.
Here’s the breakdown: Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn will make $1.3 million this season. Defensive boss Ted Roof will take home $500,000. Assistant head coach Trooper Taylor will make $425,000. Offfensive line coach Jeff Grims will make $400,000. The rest of Gene Chizik’s assistants will pull down between $330,000 and $255,000.
Click the continue line for Tuesday’s SEC links:
- Auburn paying its football coaches $7.8 million in 2011
- Tiger coaches cashing in after national championship win
- Climer: Vanderbilt baseball’s success piles up just as coach planned
- South Carolina baseball sticks to winning formula
- Florida’s Young and Wilbekin will try to make USA U-19 roster
- Owens: College athletes deserve to have their voice heard
- Tennessee asks guard to be a walk-on in basketball
- Georgia football recruiting gets kick it needed
- Rabalais: LSU softball won’t lack for options after coach reneges
- Arkansas undergoing some roster management in football
- King: Quick look says Razorbacks could go 10-2