The SEC Spring Meetings get underway in Destin, with Mike Slive pushing an agenda that addresses the hot-button issue of oversigning in football. That’s the practice where schools sign more than the allotted 25 scholarships for football, then massage the numbers via gray-shirting, etc., when the scholarship deadline arrives. Administrators are for restrictions. Coaches are against it.
Meanwhile, with Jim Tressel out at Ohio State, does that mean ex-Florida coach Urban Meyer, a former Ohio State assistant, might be in? On the basketball front, former Tennessee signee Kevin Ware has picked Louisville over Georgia. And the NCAA announced its pairings for its baseball tournament.
Click on the continue line for today’s SEC links:
- Basketball prospect Kevin Ware snubs Georgia and commits to Louisville
- Oversigning to be the hot topic at SEC Spring Meetings in Destin this week
- Commissioner Mike Slive has targets for this spring go-around
- Five things to watch at the SEC Meetings
- John Cohen guides Mississippi State to first NCAA bid in four years
- State to play cross-state rival Southern Miss in Atlanta regional
- Scarbinsky: Tressel’s forced exit sends message to sacred cows everywhere
- What happens when Ohio State calls ex-Florida coach Urban Meyer?
- Bianchi: Meyer doesn’t have the drive and desire Ohio State needs
- Spurrier says he will give Garcia another chance
- Alabama softball opens CWS against California team that knocked out UK
- Alabama baseball picks up NCAA Baseball Tournament regional bid
- South Carolina baseball sets its sights on Georgia Southern
- Vanderbilt gets Nashville rival Belmont in NCAA baseball tourney
- Florida draws Miami, Jacksonville and Manhattan in Gainesville regional
- Georgia baseball heads west for NCAA Tournament
- Arkansas baseball heads to Tempe for NCAA baseball play
- So-so season has Ole Miss baseball on outside looking in
- Emotional day for LSU baseball as it is left out of NCAA field
- Tennessee offensive lineman may transfer to UT-Chattanooga